Calendar of Events & Deadlines
Download the 2016-17 NMASC Calendar »
Please adhere to registration deadlines for all NMASC events. NMASC events are for NMASC member schools. NMASC does not issue refunds for events; however we are happy to make substitutions with no penalty.
August 1 - October 20, 2016
- 2016-2017 NMASC annual MEMBER DUES for Middle Level and High Schools may be submitted anytime betwen August 1 and October 20. There is a required NMASC Member Dues Form/INVOICE available here on nmasc.org for the school advisor which must be submitted to NMASC each year along with membership dues payment.
- October is National Principal's Month! Thank your administrators for their support of StuCo!
- October 6: NMASC/District Fall Conference postmark deadline for registration/materials
- October 22-26: NMASC/District Fall Conferences - Setting the Stage for Leadership!
Cost: $20/ea for students; $10/ea for advisors. No limit on delegates per school. Schools must attend the conference in their NMASC District:
- October 22: Central District at Volcano Vista HS in Albuquerque
- October 24: Northwest District at Farmington Civic Center in Farmington
- October 25: Northeast District at Española Valley HS in Española
- October 26: Southeast District at ENMU in Roswell
- October 27: Southwest District at Oñate HS in Las Cruces
- October 31: Administrator of the Year nomination postmark deadline
- November 11-13: NASC LEAD Conference in Denver, CO at the Denver Marriott Tech Center - Approximate cost: $700/person (registration - NASC member school rate, hotel, air/ground transportation, some meals). More info/registration available at LeadConferences.org. Each school attending must register and make all travel arrangements on their own.
- November 21: NMASC State Conference early bird online pre-registration closes
- December 1: USPS postmark deadline for NMASC State Conference early bird pre-registration mail-in forms and payment ($70/student; $45/advisor)
- December 7: USPS postmark/E-mail submission deadline for NMASC 2017-2018 State Officer and Executive Advisor candidate applications (no applications accepted after this date!)
- December 9: NMASC State Conference regular online pre-registration closes
- December 17: USPS postmark deadline for NMASC State Conferenceregular pre-registration mail-in forms and payment ($85/student; $45/advisor)
- February 9-11: NMASC State Conference hosted by Centennial HS in Las Cruces, NM - Lights! Camera! Action! Registration cost: $75/student, $45/advisor (early bird registration postmarked by December 1) or $85/student, $45/advisor (regular registration postmarked by December 17). Transportation, hotel, and some meals are the responsibility of each school.
- March (exact date TBD): Region 6 Student Leadership Conference registration documents due to NMASC for NMASC delegation to the 2017 Region 6 Student Leadership Conference
- March 18-19: NMASC Executive Board Meeting/Officer Training in Albuquerque
- May 1: USPS postmark deadline for NMASC Summer Workshop mail-in forms/payment
- May 15: USPS postmark deadline for Region 6 Student Leadership Conference registration balance to NMASC
- June 4-5: NMASC Executive Board meeting in Socorro
- June 6-9: NMASC Summer Leadership Workshop - "Major League Leadership" - at NM Tech in Socorro. Cost: $275/student (includes workshop materials, t-shirts, dorm accommodations, and meals). With a pre-registration of at least 7 students per school, the registration for 1 advisor from that school is $100 (to cover meals). Otherwise, registration is $275/advisor.
- June 23-25: 2017 Region 6 Student Leadership Conference at Liberty North HS in Kansas City, MO. Approx cost TBD pending registration (registration fee is $175 per student or advisor), hotel, transportation, some meals, NMASC delegation t-shirts and trading items, etc.
All registrations for NMASC events are expected to meet stated deadlines. No refunds for events, but we are happy to make substitutions with no penalty.
Download the 2016-17 NMASC Calendar »
Nationally recognized speaker Houston Kraft keynotes the 2016 NMASC State Conference, hosted by Los Alamos High School.
The annual banquet at the NMASC Summer Leadership Workshop is a time of camaraderie, reflection and inspiration.
The NASC National Conference brings together student leaders and advisers from all across the United States and several foreign countries.